IN PATIENT DEPARTMENT (IPD)
- A patient will be admitted only with the referral of one of our physicians. Those who cannot travel to Coimbatore are requested to send their detailed medical history with copies of relevant medical reports to us at email@example.com, preferably with a medical summary in English from your treating physician.
- You will be directed to the concerned department for booking an accommodation once found suitable for a course of Ayurveda Care. Accommodation will be allotted in any of the three campuses as per the availability and your requirements. The conﬁrmation of the booking is given after paying the needed advance.
- If a patient fails to arrive on the speciﬁed date without prior information, the reserved accommodation will be cancelled and the advance amount already paid will be forfeited to The Ayurvedic Trust.
- One time Postponement of the reservation made is allowed, provided effective information is made at least three (3) days prior to the commencement of the scheduled date. Kindly call 2 weeks prior to your arrival to reconﬁrm your booking.
- We request you to carry your ID proof both original and a copy when you arrive. Indian patients: 1 ID proof. Foreign Nationals: Your passport. It is mandatory.
- You will be staying indoors during most of the treatment period and will not be allowed to travel outside the campus except for the ﬁrst or last days and that too with the permission of the doctor. It is suggested to carry more of cotton casual and comfortable clothes for use during the stay.
- After discharge you will have to carry medicines for about three (3) months. Hence it is advised to carry very minimum luggage while coming. Please do not carry large sums of money, jewels and other expensive items, food items, (Unless permitted by doctor), alcohol and tobacco products. Please carry all your Medications sufficient enough for use during the entire period of stay.
Normal Duration of Ayurveda Treatment
- This actually depends on the clinical decision and the standard requirements for various intensive Treatments. However an optimal course which goes through preparatory, intensive and post-intensive stages is for four (4) to ﬁve (5) weeks. Treatments are done on all days except during, menstrual periods or any condition like fever, deemed unsuitable by the medical team.
Procedures after admission
- Soon after admission, the patient will undergo a detailed clinical documentation process. Medicines, treatments and special diet are commenced after this.
- Medicines are mixed and served as per the dose and timing to the patients in the rooms .A copy of the prescription will be in the room for your perusal.
- Treatment timings are from 7am to 12noon and from 3pm to 6pm, totally split to ﬁve slots of equal duration. You will be allotted one of these slots as per the computer generated schedule chart.
- Diet is decided based on diagnosis, medicines and treatments chosen. The recommended food is delivered at appropriate time to the room. Food is an important part of the ayurvedic treatment process. During the treatment, especially our emphasis is on the food that can be easily digested. At our hospital we serve you simple South Indian vegetarian diet. It is cooked under Ayurvedic restrictions. Food will be prepared using less salt, less oil, and less spices i.e. Bland Diet. We are aware it is difficult for you to take bland diet and simple south Indian meal for duration of 5-6 weeks but diet plays an important role in the success of your treatment results. Therefore we request you to co-operate with us for your beneﬁt. The meals will be served to you in the room/cottage/ward etc at approximately the following times.
- The doctor's in-charge of the respective wing will educate the patients about all these procedures. They will also visit your twice daily for observation and are available on-call 24 Hrs.
- We accept:-Online payment, Cash, Demand Draft (DD), Multicity Cheque, visa and master cards. We also do online Banking transfer and credit cards (master & visa). Banking details will be provided to you on request.
Follow-up care and Medicine Purchase
- Patients can contact your doctor through phone or e-mail after discharge as and when needed for any follow-up queries.
- At the time of discharge you will be asked to carry medicines for consumption/application etc for a prescribed period. You are requested to contact your doctor after the stipulated period with the feedback on your ailment after medication.
- The doctors will advice you on the future course of treatment. General medicines could be purchased from any of the AVP shops in your city. Special medicines could be couriered to you if you are in India. Foreign patients can talk to our courier department who will guide you accordingly.